Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Hospital could save money using ICs - Linda

Posted: Oct 8th, 2015 - 2:44 pm In Reply to: it is unlikely that they - would

I previously worked as a supervisor of a transcription department of 120 MTs. In my opinion, one person could do the administration and supervision if the MTs worked at home as ICs. Admin would be needed for hiring, scheduling, liaison with hospital management, distribution of work and QA when needed.

Those of us who have worked as ICs directly for MD clients never required supervision, training or QA and we worked a schedule to meet turnaround.

I think a set up like this would save the hospital a lot of money.

What would be needed is sufficient number MTs to get the work done, meet turnaround and do stat reports any time of day or night.

I do not know what the services are charging clients. We would need that information before providing a facility with an offer. There would have to be enough MTs ready to do the job.

I remember visiting a hospital back in the 90s and telling HR that I could transcribe for 10 CPL. They were ready to hire me on the spot as they paid their MTSO much more than that.

I have suggested the idea of organizing an MT co-op, but I lack the knowledge to start up and administrate; however, I think there are women on this forum who may be able to do it. One of the challenges is getting many MTs together to be available for work, agreeing to CPL, scheduling, and a commitment to a rotation schedule to cover nights and weekends, so perhaps working one Saturday every 2 months or so, depending on how many MTs are involved.

This is all just an idea I hope someone can make happen as I think it could bring back our income and dignity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)