Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Dictators/Dictations Getting Worse Because - MTs Are Getting Better

Posted: Oct 8th, 2015 - 8:40 am

Maybe I am slow and maybe you all already have this figured out:  With most MTs having a LOT of experience these days (with the 2 year and 5 year hiring requirements seen recently), most of us are GOOD/EXCEPTIONAL at what we do.  I just feel like I get these VR dictations and it looks like hogwash, but when I send it on back to the client, it looks sparkly clean and organized, pristine (the perfect profession for us OCDers).  If there are blanks, it then goes on for a second check by our great QA (at least where I work), who spit shines it up before then sending it back. 

Srsly, I think the MDs and other dictators just think that no matter how they dictate, the reports end up looking like perfection.  They can slur, go fast, change stuff, etc., and they DO because they CAN!  If the dictators saw their documentation in the original form before we touch it, they would be aghast.  They would be demanding that the software improve I AM SURE.  They would speak slower, more deliberate, especially on those numbers in labs.  Good Grief.   

Okay, sort of a vent, but if we were not so good and getting better all the time, this mess would never stand the way it is.  I wish just one day all reports would be returned untouched.  It would be a free-for-all, and changes would be made (although I do realize this job security).

So, kudos to us?  But still....

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)