Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: True!.. (Views: 30)

PTO for family emergency #2 - Dragonfly

Posted: Oct 7th, 2015 - 1:15 pm

Trying to reply to everyone is hard, so I thought I would just try to answer here.

HR says no one can help me by donating their PTO to me because they don't allow it.  Said that I probably wouldn't get FLMA since mom is in the hospital and the hospital is the one taking care of her.  But said,  I could try to get it.  Physician would have to be specific and write every thing that I might have to do for her.  She said somehting else about making sure I was financially able to take off work on FLMA.  Well, no money here... Can't even afford to have a savings account.  All money goes for bills and to survive just like everyone else. these days.  My parents aren't poor, poor, but on a fixed income.  

I am just your average person stuck in an overwhelming situation like I am sure some of you have been in.  I'm 57 and things just don't get any easier as we get older especially dealing with our parents health and/or other situations.  

Also someone mentioned a go fund me account and I do not know how that works.  I have heard of it but I know nothing about it.  

I will be talking with social services at the hospital on Friday, my day off.  

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and phone numbers for different places.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)