Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Please read my post, again. I never said I left, never - said that. I was the only

Posted: Oct 5th, 2015 - 6:42 pm In Reply to: You left work to be with her & they didn't fire you? - Good that they were flexible. SM

person in that office at the time. Our jobs there had been outsourced but the department was still ongoing. I said, once again, I went to work every day. At the end of the day I left there and drove over 200 miles to be with my mother, every day for over a week. Knowing she was terminal I MYSELF got another person to come in and work for me. MY COMPANY DID NOTHING, I did. I worked every day, left at the end of the day until right before her demise I got the help myself and told my boss that I had to leave. My boss aware of what was going on was left with someone else to work. For the most part businesses do not care about what goes on in a person's private life. It is the bottom line for them, not what goes on with us. I told the person above maybe they could apply for family leave. They did not have that when my mother died. I visited my mother often. I was only a call away. I went on the weekends and during the week to visit so need no preaching. I had no regrets ever about my caring and seeing about her. I never considered my job flexible. I got my own person to work for me. Now do you understand?

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)