Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 57)

Non-medical transcription - Cindy

Posted: Oct 5th, 2015 - 12:22 pm In Reply to: Thanks for sharing - Fun, but no money

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do some legal transcription that pays anywhere between 1.50 to 3.00 per page working for a court reporting service (a page defined as 25 lines of courier 10). What I like about it is most of the deadlines are something like 7 to 10 days. Typically legal transcription will be accompanied by "recorder's notes" which are notes that tell you the names of the people who are speaking with time stamps. I love doing this type of work. I do some legal work on my own, and charge between $4 and $5 a page. I make about the same amount of money doing medical and legal. I will say I'm very speedy with medical, but am still getting faster with legal, so my hope is I may be able to boost what I make with legal. My beef with MT is one I don't hear very often. I enjoy editing, but I dislike not being able to clean up the punctuation and grammar. I understand that in doing so it confuses the speech engine, but I sometimes don't feel happy with my transcript.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)