Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Biling and coding - Agree to disagree

Posted: Oct 5th, 2015 - 10:00 am In Reply to: Sorry, but you are incorrect. - Coder

Scribes do not bill or code. In fact, charge tickets no longer exist. The provider or the scribe or MA may choose the initial code but from there it goes to an actual billing department where coders review the charges for accuracy, assign modifiers if indicated and submit the charges. The front office staff does not prepare bills, unless it is a very small office. I also stand by my statement that facilities employ medical students as scribes. I know it happens because we have them and they get paid to accompany the physicians on rounds. I do know what comprises billing and coding and I know that physicians do not dictate to scribes in real time. Andrews is not the most expensive example that would result in a good income, you don't know very much either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)