Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 43)

Different state - OP - wordie

Posted: Oct 4th, 2015 - 2:18 pm In Reply to: If it is in WA then my fortune cookie was a sign.. - ?? yes or no? Thanks .

No, quite far away :) I think if I was starting to research on this, I would look for companies in my state capitol. This company's main work for about 30 years is as IC court reporters who travel to and work at depositions for private law firms around the capitol and elsewhere in the state. They also started about a decade ago to win various contracts for the state court system, which is where the legal transcription came into play.

So maybe I'd look for websites or other information for well-established court reporting-type companies in your state capitol to research and contact to see if they have a similar situation, where you could get your foot in a new door.

Good luck! I really hope this might be an option for you and other MTs. The hardest part about finally taking the step for me was the fear of not being qualified to do anything but what I was doing, the fear of being too old to 'start over,' and the anguish of watching a career I loved and worked hard at for many years being destroyed. Many of us have spread to the four corners trying to find the right change for ourselves, and if this option could help even one MT find a good fit and I hear you got away from N, you will have made my day for sure :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)