Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Then the ILP auditors' work needs to be audited - OP

Posted: Oct 4th, 2015 - 9:45 am In Reply to: Then you have not been told that. - sm

If an ILP changed my colon to a semicolon and changed my term to a word that does not exist, their work needs to be audited by US auditors before it can be allowed to affect our scores and therefore our job security.

I can understand being an auditor and just MISSING improper use of a semicolon by being overworked and in a hurry. But to change a colon to a semicolon deliberately and incorrectly? That seems likely to mean they don't understand proper usage in the first place.

I have said this before: No one should be involved in this industry who does not have superior knowledge of proper English and grammar as well as medical terminology. Not just a basic grasp, but superior knowledge. It has always been expected of MTs, and none of this should be going to an ESL, or anyone else, who doesn't fit into the category above. Why shouldn't the standards be even higher for a QA or auditor?

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)