Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My thoughts on that. - Coder

Posted: Oct 4th, 2015 - 8:20 am In Reply to: know much about medical scribe jobs? - MostlyClueless

It is cheap enough that you could give it a try, but do so as a member so you can get three attempts at the test instead of just one. It is only 20 a year.

Interesting that one of the training programs listed there has only one instructor, who is a former MT. The course content is very similar to MT and coding programs. Did you notice that it includes some coding and billing?

I think that scribe pay is low enough ($10-16/hr), that it would be worth it to do a coding program instead. The school mentioned above costs 2k, same as the AAPC online coding program, but coder pay is somewhat better, even in offices. (I would not waste my time for 10/hr!) It starts where scribe pay tops out. For 4,500, you could attend even Andrews and get a job that starts in the range of 22-24/hr, and even a remote one.

Think about it. If you have to do "coding and billing" anyway, it would make more sense to do it for real, be paid what that is worth, have room for advancement, and not have to chase around on your feet all day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)