Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 52)

3 reports, 40 minutes dictation, only 155 lines! - Shoot me now

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2015 - 6:45 pm

ONE of my problem dictators in my BOB, whom I get A LOT of reports from every day, costs me money every time, and I am sick of it. I get to sit there listen to this ESL read the chart and try to figure out what he is going to say, along with changing his mind, deciding to redictate a portion of the report. Also, the sound quality for 99% of his reports is bad. So, I get to sit and watch unproductive time go by, figure out with this ESL doctor with his accent is trying to say while dealing with bad sound, fix the horrid output which is due to incompetent IT, his accent and bad sound quality, do the massive formatting required, find the proper ADT and fill in the fields that are not automatically filled in, recheck the dosages and timing of some of the medications so I don't smacked for missing something that might have to be flagged because of the doctor's incompetence, add punctuation along with all the commas for the numerous medications and labs. All this takes AT LEAST 90 minutes (for 40 minutes, 3 reports), but normally A LOT MORE time. Oh, and BTW, QA cannot fill in the blanks either, of which there are many, 90% due to the poor sound quality. I will be so glad when I get out of here. I wonder if you can still get UE in California if you are fired. The school semester doesn't end until December, and I haven't been able to afford buying shoes so I can go on an interview (I only own 1 pair of sneakers). At least I can get clothes from Goodwill or Salvation Army (only own jeans and old T-shirts). It is tough getting out from an at-home job for 30 years to a job working with the public after all these years of living like a hermit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)