Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 42)

They are tough for one reason ony: 1 error cuts your pay. - Tired

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2015 - 5:31 pm In Reply to: Nuance - MTme

One small 0.25 error will cut your pay by anywhere from $50 to $80 for the week. When you are already paid exceptionally low wages for the skills needed to do this job, it hurts.

I presently have one 35-line report, one 1-point error. Score: 97.14%. That was at the first of the week. Chances are there will be no more audits because they have me where they want me -- at less than minimum wage. They will bring my wage up to minimum wage, but I live in a state where the minimum wage is more than federal minimum wage. Then I will probably be threatened to be fired for it. I'm not yet eligible for unemployment because I was a private contractor. You have to work a year and a half in this state under covered employment for that. When that time comes, I am going to tell them to "Go right ahead. Fire me."

Their whole system is "rigged" against the transcriptionist to cut pay even for one 0.25 error that they catch all week. For even one of those, on a short report, will put your percentage down below 99%. In addition, if they were so concerned about QA by being so tough, why don't they change the error to what they feel as correct as they are auditing the report? They DON'T!! They just let the error go through. So this is another thing that tells me the QA system is rigged against the transcriptionist, to ferret out errors only for the sole purpose of cutting our pay.

Ignore Nuance. The more of us who can do that, the better. When they can't get any more transcriptionists in the US, I predict they will simply move everything to India. But at least they won't be around here offering "jobs" of very, very dubious quality. Like only 5 days off for holidays, sick days and vacation the first year. That sucks.

Especially when I have noticed that my TSM seems to get a month off. Interesting, because a transcriptionist would have to be working at Nuance for over 5 years just to get 3 weeks off. I've done some research, and it appears that everyone gets better pay and benefits at Nuance than we do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)