Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Agreed. You must have been just reading my mind. - anon

Posted: Oct 1st, 2015 - 8:42 pm In Reply to: Too much work and expertise expected for minimum wage. - sick of it all

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would make less than $8/hr (new accounts week, again). It is truly like the frog in the hot water bath. I was remembering when I took this job 8 years ago. I thought I would make $18/hour to replace the account I was leaving. The sample in the paperwork they sent me showed $15/hour...and I figured I was good, was good with expansions, and would hit that and THEN some. Joke was on me. I never EVER made $15/hr here. I got all the way to $13 and thought that sucked. And now here I sit at $7-8 (yes, I hear ya...but I waste time here cuz I hate this job THAT much - and this is more fun. ha). On day ONE here, if you had said one day I would make under $9, I would have quit on the spot. Like the frog in the water...I sit here and tolerate it. Their "little by little" worked. But I'm in school. A few months left. I can quit any day and live off savings (risky, I know). This OT crap almost makes today the day. I'll see if I'm up to it after 9 p.m. Because right now, for me, it's a deal breaker. ugh

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)