Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Feel like I'm turning in English papers - kls

Posted: Oct 1st, 2015 - 8:05 pm

I've been a medical transcriptionist for 30 years and used to love the profession.  Now I hate to say it but I'm over it.  With the trend toward editing instead of transcribing I find I'm getting dinged by QA for the most nit-picking things and it's affecting my QA scores terribly.  We are expected to maintain 99% QA scores but are marked off for silly little things such as substituting "in" for "of" where it makes no difference to the patient care or safety.  Am I the only one who remembers when transcription and medical records used to be about patient safety and healthcare rather than English papers and grammatical quality?  I mean, we always wanted it to sound proper, yes, but being marked off for each comma (which are so subjective anyway) and stupid things that make no difference at all is really depressing and I just don't understand why it's thought necessary!  Companies have many good, no, Excellent, MTs or MTEs out there but we are losing impetus to even try because of the inability to maintain 99% quality.  Not to even mention the fact that we still make paltry wages.  Even babysitters have gotten raises but MTs haven't and we are trained professionals!  I just wish I knew what to do about the situation....

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)