Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 47)

I have been an MT for over 10 years... I have worked for 4 companies and... - Neveropnotes

Posted: Oct 1st, 2015 - 8:50 am In Reply to: how can an acute care MT not have exp with op notes? - seriously?

I have done just about everything except OP notes. Call it luck of the draw or whatever, but I have never been assigned nor asked to do OP notes. Now having said that, since I have never done Op notes, I am not familiar with the surgical terms they use or the instruments they use. Since I don't know a lot of those terms, it takes time to look those up, which takes time researching then throw in a crappy ESL with unfamiliar terms and this can take forever; hence leaving blanks for which getting chewed out for them saying they found them by looking up old reports. You may have to weed through a bunch of other non-related reports to find the type of surgical report you need. I have had experience at Synernet when looking through a colonoscopy report from an ESL that t o me it didn't sound anything like what was on the old report I was looking at for reference, so I blanked and got chewed out because they said they found it on an old report, so I just blanked because I wasn't sure what he was saying. So damned if you do or damned if you don't type of deal at Synernet. This is why this could be dangerous and a hazard. So, yes, if I end up getting more OP notes than my regular work and my pay goes down a lot, (I'm a sole provider for my family) then I will quit. But hopefully they will just fire me. This place does not value their employees. They used to do profit sharing and give back to the MTs, but all we hear now is work faster, don't make mistakes, and don't leave blanks, like a sweat shop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)