Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Metrics schmetrics - mom22

Posted: Sep 30th, 2015 - 12:05 pm

If I hear one more time how I need to make these metrics work for me, I think I'm going to scream.  Let's see.  We don't have our regular docs most of the time, IF we aren't in an OOW situation.  We are penalized for sending notes to QA as they would rather have sloppy transcription with blanks sent to docs, thus resulting in less satisfied providers.  And if we do, we are then penalized based on the size of the note and not the mistake. (And sometimes get a special Cracker Jack prize of nice RED lettering in our e-mail.) 

Then you have audits.  If you make decent money for over a week or two, you are then targeted, and they will look through your files and get the one - not 50 others you've done that day - that you rarely do, and nit pick it to death to pull you under the 99%.

You have to get your time in, but they don't have to have work for us.

And if you fail to do all these things, you are on the MUP report, PEON report, and the it doesn't matter how many years you've been a valued employee, you are nothing to them report.  This can sometimes warrant a phone call from a TSM who says the usual company blah, blah, blah, where they tell you how hard their job is and if you aren't doing all this, they have to answer to someone, all while NOT telling them why some of their best employees are failing to meet metrics here and there.  And then my favorite...I must make these metrics work for me. 

Does Nuance think I enjoy bouncing checks, worrying how I'm going to pay bills, buy groceries, get gas to take the kids to school.  I mean, I know different strokes for different folks, but I'm pretty sure the percentage would be low for anyone who actually enjoys worrying every week where they are going to fail, and it will cost their family. 

Make it work for me?  Hm.  It seems to me, before Nuance, I had my own accounts, I worked until they were done, and I managed to make double what I am now with much less stress.  My providers only got blanks if QA couldn't find them, so the quality was better as well. 

But I need to make the metrics work for me?  I need to?  How about Nuance needs to?  Nuance needs to make sure they have work available every day.  Nuance needs to make sure employees are paid a fair wage.  Nuance needs to be quality above quantity.  Nuance needs to value their employees and stop using sweatshop tactics.  And Nuance needs to take their MUPs, metrics, and "exciting" changes that are only going to be "exciting" for those whose pockets are stuffed and bellies are fat and stick them.

In my 30+ years of working, I've run into some not great places.  I've worked with some awful people, but in all my years of doing this, I have never, NEVER, had anyone as bad as Nuance. 

I would like to personally thank the owners of my company for selling their employees out to the devil.  I hope you sleep well at night because I'm staring at the ceiling trying to figure out how to keep my internet service on!  THAT is how the metrics are working for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)