Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I looked for a job outside... - dd

Posted: Sep 30th, 2015 - 7:29 am In Reply to: college degree and 15 years of MT gets me nothing.... - burnout

of MT for over a year before I found one, but I finally found a wonderful job! They are out there, you just have to keep looking. I asked friends and family about their jobs, if they liked them, were hiring, etc. A good friend of mine loved her job so I applied there, and with no experience in the industry, they hired me because of the skills I had developed as an MT (being detailed oriented, organized, able to work independently...). I make a great hourly wage and was so happy to work overtime last weekend and actually get time and a half! Keep your chin up, there are opportunities out there.

I also have a 4 year degree, but with 10 years experience in MT, and you can qualify for financial aid, but it will be in the form of loans. Grants and other programs where you don't have to pay money back are rare these days. I have considered going back to school and after consulting with a financial aid counselor at a local university, I do know I can take out loans. I don't know the part of the country where you live, but here, you really have to watch out for the technical schools, they are predatory and want you to take their loans for their programs and can cost you more than double what another place would. Good luck to you! I know you will find something!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)