Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Rest Breaks - all smiles

Posted: Sep 29th, 2015 - 12:07 am In Reply to: not really new - EmptyMT

Here's the long and short: Breaks are neither mandated by the Federal government nor most states.

In those states where paid breaks are mandated, there must be some way to "clock" that the break is taken and of course will be paid.

Regards clocked into production and not working for 15 minutes, here is what I was told by wage and hour division.

As long as your income is at the minimum wage for your state, the employer is legal. If your break takes you below minimum wage, then probably you should not take a break. But, if the employer requires you to take a break, then they must provide make up pay if taking a break pulls you down below minimum wage.

Same is true for Fiesa, Webmail and all those other nonsense things we do that does indeed pull down our lines.

I am going to give it a shot; I will do one pay period taking breaks, the next without breaks, the next with breaks, the next without.

Then I will compare lines per hour between breaks and no breaks to see if there is a meaningful difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)