Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

jobs - done w nu

Posted: Sep 28th, 2015 - 3:58 pm In Reply to: great job with government contractor - all smiles

Hey there, i left Nuance back in May or so and i come back on here periodically for a reality check of how much easier life actually is now. I specifically wanted just IC work with smaller companies so I found 2 part time on MT stars (I have since quit one), I had one with a friend who has a transcription company, i found another through a friend, and another by just looking through medical transcription companies in my state and sending them a resume through their website. All four are part time, smaller companies, all IC transcription. The pay rate of course varies but for the most part if i was working absolutely 8 hours a day, i would make as much or more than i was making in QC at Nu. The drawbacks are that I don't always get as much work as i want, i have no holiday pay or PTO, and i have to do my own taxes. The benefits are that i have weekends off, i have a bit more freedom, i dont feel stifled and frustrated all the time like i did with Nu every single minute of every single day. Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)