Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Agree - EmptyMT

Posted: Sep 28th, 2015 - 9:49 am In Reply to: OOW and sticking to your shift - all smiles

It really does seem like this new policy could come back to bite them. I disagree with people coming on outside of their shift on their own w/o permission to grab any available work; but I understand why they do it. We are all just trying to make a living here! If you tell people that their shift is complete once they are OOW, then expect them to be available to "hop on" when they are needed again, that is asking a lot - to be on call 24/7. I suppose they figure most of us need the $ so will make ourselves available; but what a terrible way to run a business. But how does that help with keeping work within TAT if people are clocking out and leaving when OOW occurs, then it starts picking up again and you have to go finding people to come back to work? Didn't it make more sense when we could flex in and out as workflow allowed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)