Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I gave up on MT, and for good measure I - finally gave up on working at all. (sm)

Posted: Sep 27th, 2015 - 1:27 am In Reply to: Last night was my last QC shift. I will not be - returning Sunday. I feel

I had always assumed I'd never be able to retire fully, and planned to work full-time 'till at least age 70, then part-time after that. But I was so sick of MT and the constant harassment by management, layoffs, and lousy pay that I left MT for good. I never was able to find any other kind of work, but during those couple years of no income and very little savings, I got really good at living on nothing, and bringing in just enough cash to get by. I finally applied for social security, and was thrilled to discover that the monthly payments will be almost twice what I was pulling in as an MT, so I know now that I'll be able to make it. Being frugal has now become second nature, and the big payoff is getting to sleep in 'till noon every day and not have to answer to anyone. Working for a living is highly over-rated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)