Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Hmm, now that we are supposed to be - taking proper breaks

Posted: Sep 25th, 2015 - 7:31 am In Reply to: OOW will they enforce it? - all smiles

How will they determine when to lock someone out?

I mean, if you are scheduled for 7-3 and you take a half hour lunch and 2 breaks would they allow you an extra hour or so?

I have to confess that some days, even without any OOW, I have a difficult time personally getting myself to plug away at the keyboard and maybe take a few breaks too many, so how will they handle that?

Since they over hire and I personally believe when they buy out companies they just allow the employees to keep their schedules as part of the deal and to not frighten the horses, scheduling has never been a big deal with this company.

Honestly, if you were a buyout, wasn't that one of the selling points, and weren't you pretty happy about that until you started having no work because they overstaffed it?

Time as far as our time working is cheap to them, if something gets out of TAT they just offer overtime, because OT is very minimal and no skin off their nose.

I have worked for companies who truly try to keep their main MTs happy and in work in their scheduled hours. Nuance is not a company that seems to be like this to me, but I guess I could be wrong.

I would think if they were going to go to rigid scheduling and lockouts, they might stop placing ads and trying to hire new people all the time and they might stop buying out companies, but what do I know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)