Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Unhappy Clients... - sm

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2015 - 10:02 am

As most of you may experience as well, my POD gets multiple emails every week, sometimes several days in a row, of complaints from hospitals/clinics, and I can't help but think when I read these emails that the customers must wonder "why in the heck can't these MTs get our dictations right?...why is this so hard for them?" A lot of the stuff pointed out in the emails is really simple CP related material that really would be easy to remember ---- IF that was my only account.  If my only account was this one grouping of a dozen facilities, even though each of those dozen facilities wants things done differently, sure, I could get it right, but the fact is, I have multiple, multiple accounts with several different facilities, each wanting things done differently, and even though the CP is right there on the side, it is impossible to read it each and every time I get a job, as I need to make more than minimum wage to pay my bills.  Some of these CPs are positively ridiculous, very long and unorganized.

Wish list:

Limit number of accounts to a realistic amount.  This already prevents multiple errors.  We get to know the accounts and the dictators.

Have a realistic client profile.  Does every facility really need to have the physical exam done differently? No abbreviations, yes to abbreviations, verbatim not verbatim....etc.

Train doctors to dictate.  Come on doc, don't be shy, speak up, enunciate. We're both working for the patient here. Work with me.

Reports coming back looking like swiss cheese? We can't understand you.  We want to understand you, but we cannot. Please get someone to dictate for you.

Very sad that this has to be a wish list since to me it seems very common sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)