Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

There is no reason someone should be offended - by your post, it is the truth. SM

Posted: Sep 1st, 2015 - 11:56 am In Reply to: Oh, I love it! - OP

I have done that a few times, strictly requested an American doctor or pointedly stated that I want someone who speaks English clearly and NOT an ESL. We have every right to request this and should not be criticized or given snotty looks at the reception desk or from whichever nurse or MA or somebody who walks into the room that we can ask.

We've got all these foreign (many indigent) people flooding into the country and medical facilities bend over backwards to kiss their backside and provide interpreters or translators for them and dont think the cost of that isnt passed on to the rest of us.

I've also done it at the community college where we got an advisor the first time must have been straight off the boat from Africa, could barely understand a word she said. We left that meeting thoroughly P'd off and called the next day to request another person who spoke English clearly who could tell us the same thing we couldnt understand the day before. And I said it again when we went in that next day, clearly to the receptionist, that I wanted to make sure the person we were scheduled with was NOT an ESL but an American who spoke English clearly, and I said it in a loud enough voice for the whole room to hear.

I've developed a severe intolerance for anyone who cant speak English clearly and refuse to deal with them, and have no hesitation in stating that fact loud and clear.

Anybody who doesn't like it can go fly their kite in the wind for all I care.

When I'm sick and miserable, or trying to deal with financial/legal issues at community college, some bumbling ESL with a speech impediment is the last fracking thing I want to worry about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)