Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A way out - You can do it

Posted: Sep 1st, 2015 - 9:43 am In Reply to: Is there any way out of this? - needachangeasap

I think it is very sad that people think they have to downplay their transcription skills to land another job, it shows that prospective employers don't understand that job. I was laid off from an MT job onsite after 18 years. I applied for a lot of jobs as well so I understand what the OP is saying. I was 58 and considered that too late in life to start over. I was lucky to finally get a HIM job where I'm involved in transcription QA and other duties that involve quality assessment. I made really good money as an MT and took a pay cut at first but got raises and am almost back to that level. HIM jobs are a good fit for MTs and that is where several of my former coworkers landed, so I would say to try for those and just keep trying. Your skills are viable, but maybe get some help with your resume and always tailor it to the job you are seeking. The age thing is a big deal even though some say it is not. Don't give up and good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)