Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

No holidays worked get time and a half even if its in your 40 hours - no name

Posted: Aug 30th, 2015 - 4:37 am In Reply to: Synernet holiday pay - MT

But only certain days qualify as a Holiday. LIke Thanksgiving, Christmas New Year's. OT is over 40 hours but some companies have special policies even on that. Some pay OT hours if you work over 8, but that isn't mandatory. The law states if you work on a Holiday that you get time and a half and a half. Most places give you that day off and pay you and called Holiday pay. Then if you work you also get paid production of what you did. So that is actually considered "double time." That's how it was everywhere I worked. Synernet has those extra earned time (6 weeks) so that may affect how that is calculated. Also they may have different laws regarding Holiday pay. The email was rather vague, but I am thinking they are working on it and will let us know before Labor Day comes what has changed. It would look like they have to pay us something extra for working on a "federally recognized" holiday. I just don't know what that is going to be. I think it has to do with the Labor Board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)