Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

It was accidental for me - XQC

Posted: Aug 29th, 2015 - 8:51 am In Reply to: where to begin? - anon

It happened in a sort of by-the-way fashion at the unemployment office when I was asked why I was not working anymore. When I explained the situation they showed great interest and pointed me in the direction of my state senator, who in this case just HAPPENS to be the president of the Massachusetts State Senate with a very large staff and the interest and the resources to tackle this problem, plus as a Mass resident and Nuance being a company based in Mass, it all sort of came together.

In your case, or anyone else seeing this, I would suggest doing a little bit of research for your own state and find a state-level senator or congressman with a large enough staff/resources to look into this. All of these politicians have websites that usually list their staffpeople and areas of interest. If they have someone who does labor relations work, that's your person to contact, but just call anyway to ask if there is anyone who could help. Explain that this entire workforce is a virtual workforce who cannot unionize in the traditional sense and is being trampled into the dust because of that, and that regulations need to be put into place to protect us and our patients. Keep in mind these people are legislators, not enforcers, and what we are looking for is a "legislative answer" to the problem, that is establishment of laws and oversight mechanisms to protect us in the future. They really do not know what is going on and we need to explain it in a way they can hear and ask for any legislative help they can render. They are really not aware of the wholesale offshoring of their own medical information and the myriad ramifications of that, such as people with a tenuous grasp of English and very little education being responsible for their medical information, so that is one good place to start. This industry is in a hot mess and needs much more regulation. Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)