Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I hear you! - Lisa

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 5:35 pm In Reply to: LIVID!!!! - ANON

I've been in the business almost 30 years. I secured my own accounts and worked as an IC directly for the doctors. I made 48K annually and charged 12 CPL to start, increasing to 14 CPL over a 20 year period. Now, working for a greed monger I don't even make minimum wage. I have to use a food bank. I'm 2 years behind on my property taxes and car registration. I've suffered several layoffs, getting shut off notices from the utilities and literally having to beg for a loan to keep my electric on so I could keep working. I'm having to sell my very modest home to pay off bills, then find a trailer to live in. What these MTSOs have done to us is beyond malicious. Many have lost their homes and others struggle to feed their children. I don't think there is any other profession in this country who runs their business like a sweat shop, paying one third the wages we made 30 years ago.

The only thing I think we can do is to continue to file labor board complaints. We have already covered overtime and minimum wage. How about all the free labor we are required to do for no pay like searching demographics, doctors names, comparing records on mumblemouths and everything else they have us do that is not transcription. If I'm not spending half my working time researching, I'm sitting and waiting and waiting for the next syllable to slither out of his mouth, while he totally ruins my productivity stats for the day, threatening my job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)