Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

LIVID!!!! - ANON

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 5:00 pm

Can someone please tell me what we can do to fix this crazy situation we are in??? I have been an MT for 15 years and gradually (like you all) have watched my wages go from over $20/hour to now barely above minimum wage but with higher and higher standards and more hoops to jump through to get the peanuts we are offered in order to provide an accurate medical document that could in some cases be the difference between life and death for somebody....but today I have reached my limits!!! My oldest child just got their first job at 16 years old making $10 and hour! I am super excited for him but I feel slapped in the face by the profession that I am in. I am a college graduate with 15 years on the job, extensive medical knowledge (like you all) and can barely crank out $9 an hour anymore. I have never felt more angry and disgruntled than I do at this moment....this was the final straw for me. I want to seek out congress, the law, department of labor, somebody who can see why this is the case in this field??? We need a union!! Companies can pay 16 year old kids to be cashiers more money than our companies can pay someone responsible for medical records???? Does anyone else see the irony in this?!? anyone else feel my rage??? The sad thing is I love this field. I love my profession. I love medical lingo and medical jargon. I love each new patient record that I see.... besides going back to school I cannot do anything else other than what I  am doing now. I have a Bachelors Degree and 15 years as an MT..... and nothing to show for it. No savings, cannot pay my bills, no hope for a future or retirement in this field. No reward for my longevity (9 years with my company)....nothing.  I just cannot even get over this.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)