Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

ESL - Meh

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 4:14 pm

Over 50% of dictators is ESL, at least on my account. It's strange because I don't think that over 50% of doctors in the U.S. are ESL. So I'm wondering whether Nuance ships all the clear-speaking and non-ESL speakers to India. Ironically, most of the ESL dictators have what appear to be Indian names or have an Indian or else Middle Eastern-sounding accent and are among the most difficult to decipher. I guess that means that if these Indian speakers were to communicate to each other in English in India, they would have trouble deciphering each other too, since Nuance is apparently avoiding sending these Indian dictators to India, thinking it may be too difficult for them. U.S. MTs are left with the more difficult jobs because English is the first language and considered easier for U.S. MTs to figure out even English that is said with a thick accent and that sounds like gobbledegookwjlp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)