Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Was with them for almost 4 years...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 9:15 am In Reply to: Confused by TTS standards - TTS MT

nothing expanded except in diagnosis and assessment is pretty much standard. We were supposed to fix subject/verb agreement and blatant grammar errors and just use standard punctuation. It's not because they don't want to pay MTs much. That doesn't make any sense. Dictation is for the most part verbatim. I DID get hassled when after a month I was not producing the 250 lph, when it said very clearly in my contract that there was a 3-month probationary period. They just did not want to pay MUP. I was maintaining a 98%-plus QA score which is not as high as the other 2 big nationals. I reminded them of their 3-month probationary period written into my contract and also that my lph kept rising steadily, and also that my quality scores were excellent. I just stood my ground, and they stopped hassling me. Well lo and behold, by 3 months of employment I was doing more than their 250 requirement while still maintain 99%-plus scores. The clincher for me was when they hired a new head of QA, who used to work for Nuance. Suddenly, I was failing QA many times over and put on corrective action several times. I found another job that actually paid a lot better and had a lower lph requirement and very fair and helpful QA staff. I got an email from the Big Head asking why a stellar employee such as myself would be leaving, duh? I told her that I wanted to work part time, which they would not let me do, and the rest is history. I wasn't unhappy with them until they started with the heavy-handed QA stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)