Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

The guidelines also state not to use bolding - unless account specifics state to

Posted: Aug 26th, 2015 - 3:22 pm In Reply to: NTS Guidelines...Really??? - ....

So basically I got marked off when a dictator dictated "bold on" on a verbatim account. Needless to say I am always looking in the NTS guidelines for little nitpicking questions and they often come up short - you get no answer.

For example, we were told long ago (and the speech engine also apparently was told this) not to use q.h.s., but instead use "at bedtime." There is absolutely nothing in the current NTS guidelines about this, nor in any account specs that I can find, so are we supposed to change "at bedtime" which the speech engine spits out to "q.h.s."? Until I get caught, no I will not.

Tell your stupid speech engine first, Nuance.

Also a QC person commented on this very forum that renal/kidney stages should be arabic, NOT roman numerals. Again, speech engine spits out roman I will not change each instance, especially if there are a lot of them.

They have a wealth of software engineers at their disposal, yet they refuse to upgrade anything to do with any platform for anybody.

Hard to dispel the notion that they actually do NOT want us to make more money and they actually do NOT care about accuracy to any great extent, except to the point where they can deduct points and hence $ off of us MTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)