Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Nuance management directors - all smiles

Posted: Aug 24th, 2015 - 9:33 am

Hello,

This post is meant for those in management above the TSMs, the COMs, and those above them. It is meant for the upper management of Nuance Transcription.

Either you have no clue what is going on in your company or you plan to competely erradicate the US MLS workforce.

I have no doubt that you will succeed.

At what cost to your soul?

Be aware that countless of your employees have had to sell their homes because they can no longer afford the mortgage payment.

Also be aware that many experienced and talented MLS with decades of work to their credit are being forced to rearrange their life because there is no work on their shift all the while you continue to hire new employees. The current employees return again and again to login and hope there is some work.

Be aware that many talented MLS now make so little money that they qualify for food stamps, medicaid, utility assistance and other assistance programs. All the while Paul Ricci gets yet another $5 million dollar annual bonus.

Your programs - FIESA, time card approval, checking e-mail, add unnecessary stress to already stressed employees. You should know this. If you do not, you don't care or are completely out of touch with what is going on. Or, and I suspect this is more the case, you intend to add stress to your employees so that they will leave so that you can achieve the goal of erradicating the US MLS workforce.

Whilst I'm certain you have not read the posts of anguish on MTStars, perhaps the TSMs and COMs and HR personnel have mentioned the anguish and low morale.

Since late October 2014, everything new to date has been so abusive to the production staff I believe it is your intent to cause stress and abuse. I doubt this is an unintended consequence but a very planned, thought out, and intentional consequence.

The sad thing is Nuance Transcription, whether in America or offshore, will eventually cease to exist once you have sold enough of your software to enough hospitals and clinics. They will no longer need your transcriptionists. That result I'm sure was not in your business model, but it will happen.  At that point, you will have no one to beta test and fine tune your new software.

If you do not know the consequences listed above of what your business model is doing to your workforce, perhaps you should find out, even if you don't care, and even if it is your intent to cause the anguish and stress.

My question: HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES?

It would be more ethical to simply state we have to reduce pay than to nit-pick reports to reduce weekly salary. It would be better to present information in a neutral manner so that somebody might want to read it. This "oh you'll really like this" while hiding the real impact on the MLS suggests that you think we are idiots. We do see through it. It only makes you look unwise.

Should you continue to escalate the abuse to your employees, be aware there are laws that provide relief to employees put under such stress. If you continue to escalate the abuse, I suspect a few well-informed employees will make use of those laws.

So, I would suggest you thoroughly evaluate your business practices (FIESA, time card approval, checking e-mail, the complete lack of communication or better put continuous miscommunication) and de-escalate the abusive practices. I do mean thoroughly evaluate your practices.

Having applied to a few other companies (all which use your escription software), the recruiters all said, "Nuance is completely destroying transcription."

Is that the legacy you want to leave?

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)