Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 64)

Everything Shipped Out - Meh

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2015 - 5:44 pm In Reply to: But, how else would Nuance know where you are likely to mess up - most often? Their goal is not to keep you.

Speaking of all MT jobs eventually getting shipped to India, it seems the same with customer service telephone jobs. Recently I ordered something on Amazon.com. I usually don't get any phone calls regarding things I ordered on Amazon, but apparently this time I did and the person on the phone had an Indian accent and he asked if I ordered something and that there was a package. I had forgotten about my order from Amazon, so I thought it was some scam. (It gets tricky what is a scam or not. You may have heard of the scam with people with Indian accents saying they're from Microsoft and how they need to get into your computer to fix a problem.) Anyway, the Amazon customer service representative also obviously in India, which would not be anything wrong with that if not for the fact that, as I believe, Amazon is an American company with headquarters in U.S. and therefore should employ Americans and leave the jobs for Indian workers more to Indian companies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)