Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

Question about quitting without notice - MModal Livestock

Posted: Aug 21st, 2015 - 6:32 pm

I'd never normally consider this because I think of myself as a professional and try to conduct myself as such, but I've hit a brick wall here.  After MModal lost their contract with my old accounts and sent me to a new account where my quality tanked, they had me on the fast track to being fired.  I was only 2 weeks away when two things happened:  They failed to audit me because the chief QA was out and I was accepted for a real job.  An absolutely great, in-no-way-can-I-pass-this-up job.  Meanwhile, I'm still only two failed audits from being fired anyway.  I could list another 5000 excuses why I need this new job and I hate MModal in every conceivable way and how they have over the years repeatedly stabbed me (and just about everyone else) in the back, but this ends the obligatory justification for why right here. :) 

What are the consequences for quitting an at-will job like this one.  I won't get a recommendation, obviously.  13 years of passing stellar audits, but three failures and they made it clear to me that I am scum, so I'm not worried about a recommendation.  Besides, even when you're good, all they say is "Yeah, they worked here.  We'd probably hire them again... meh."  Hell, when I bought my house, it took them 5 weeks to confirm that I was employed there and I had to go to HR and file a complaint to make them confirm my employment.  I have no PTO.  I have no benefits (never have).  I've been part-time now for a couple years.  I asked to be transferred to another team and was told that there was almost no work on Fluency or Cornerstone, so they clearly have too many employees (at least in their minds). 

Besides the fact that my hours overlap (might not be able to change them since it's such short notice and my boss in on vacation, forever, maybe), I want to be bright eyed and rearing to go at my new job, not exhausted and frazzled from working a 70-80 hour week plus being a caretaker for my mom and normal life crap.  If I do stay, I'll make sure my quality is good, but my production will look like I'm trying to type with my feet LOL, but is there any reason not to just walk the hell away?  They gave me two days notice when I lost my accounts of 6 years.  The only reason I looked elsewhere in the first place is because they told me I was too incompetent to work here and they didn't need me.  Has anyone else just walked off or know someone who did? Because I'm thinking of boxing up all their crap, mailing it back and telling them (in a polite, but completely apathetic way) where to shove it. 

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)