Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To Been There-pls SM - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Aug 21st, 2015 - 1:07 am In Reply to: Be REALLY careful where you get it from - Been there

Sorry to those that ready this, but this is off topic and I apologize. Also, Been There makes a good point about sites such as CNET that promise expensive or paid versions for free. Malware is good at hitch hiking on programs such as those. Please make sure to download only from the maker's site! I, too, was naive and had to learn the hard way. Get a genuine wrapped disk instead of instant download if able.

I have some suggestions that may help you get rid of the malware you have. Though it would help to know exactly what you are dealing with. It needs to be dealt with, because that malware is leaving a door open for hackers, which means whatever you type or do on that computer could potentially be seen or intercepted somehow.

Download Malwarebytes from their website. There is a free version, but seriously consider a paid lifetime license. Check around at your local computer shops to see if they can get it cheaper. I managed to back during the winter and developed a good relationship with the owner of the shop.

Run Malwarebytes through a complete scan, follow the prompts to deal with whatever is found. Make sure to restart after its done to completely get rid of the nasties.

Download and install CC Cleaner from their website. Its free and has other features that are useful. Run both the cleaner and the registry cleaner. Follow prompts and restart your computer.

Trojans can be particularly tough to get rid of, since they can root and hide themselves within your registry. (I have to note here, DO NOT go into your registry and change anything unless you absolutely know what you are doing!). I kept getting a notification that I had a trojan, kept removing it, only for it to show up on the next scan. When the computer shop loaded Malwarebytes, he loaded Trojan Remover and scanned my computer. It found nothing, but has a good reputation at cleaning them up. The CC Cleaner will also help clean out deeply rooted trojans as well, as it can clean out the fragmented or corrupted files that contain the trojan.

Reply back through the forum (I do not reply to emails sent to my personal email) and let me know if that works for you. If not, try to let me know what exactly you have and I will try to help you. If nothing else, seek the counsel of a professional computer shop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)