Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

They didn't use speech rec to justify cutting our pay, - it was to pay for the new technology of it.

Posted: Aug 20th, 2015 - 4:47 pm In Reply to: outsourcing - suthern girl

And who better than us to be the ones to have to pay for it. We were convenient, the economy was the worst since the great Depression, nobody could find a job, plus when speech rec. got going it DID make us 25% to 50% faster (not 100% faster like the lie they told us), but still enough that it put the other 25% to 50% of us out of work and therefore in large supply. Bottom line: We are paying for the technology through the pay cuts which they were able to get away with by more of us being out of work, the economy being very bad, and they no doubt preyed on our fears about becoming homeless during that time.

But I don't think it will last. I think a LOT of people are finally beginning to find jobs....elsewhere and in something other than transcription (and no doubt more money, too).

Whatever these MTSOs get, they deserve. And I hope they get it bigtime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)