Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I am finally hanging up the old headset... - SadButProudMT

Posted: Aug 20th, 2015 - 2:02 pm

It has taken me almost a year to accept that this industry is broken. Off-shoring work has DESTROYED this business, and I don't think it will be coming back any time soon. The pay cuts I have taken over the past two years have brought me almost to my knees. I can't survive doing this anymore.

Two years ago, I was making 12 cpl typed and 5.5 cpl editing as an IC, which was workable. Unfortunately, Nuance bought out my company, and their B.S. "compensation plan" was so erratic, I had to quit. (I never knew what I would be making the next pay period - who can budget like that??)

The sheer amount of training that we have (newbies included) should command a much higher rate. Couple that with the years and years of experience and knowledge some of us have, the wages we are paid is insulting at best.

I think that the American people should know where their PHI is going, because I think if many people knew that their SSNs (and other very vital personal information) was being handled by people in countries where HIPAA essentially has no jurisdiction, there would be a lot of noise made. Sadly, the industry standard has become the bottom line. I wonder how many people will have to have their identities stolen or actually suffer physical consequences (or even die) before this will be talked about OPENLY? You get what you pay for. People deserve better.

Much, MUCH love to all of you who are keeping up the good fight. Never forget how awesome you are.

xoxo

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)