Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

still a chance - Marle

Posted: Aug 17th, 2015 - 5:13 pm In Reply to: My advice to you is keep your feet dry, move on - wannie

Hi...I think the best way to "get your feet wet" if you really want to start a career as an MT is be willing to work in a doctor's office. I started in an ophthalmologist's office transcribing half the day and checking patient's in at the front desk the other half. That was about 23 years ago. After about 2 years, I was offered a position in the medical records department of a large hospital system in our area, where I stayed until our transcription department was outsourced.

I hardly have any work now on my accounts, and know this ship is sinking, but wanted to give you a little hope. Your best bet is to be willing to work and pay your dues out in the world, and maybe you can get the experience you need to work at home. However, if I were you, I would very quickly look into other opportunities. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)