Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 44)

That's Not True - hs

Posted: Aug 5th, 2015 - 12:53 am In Reply to: I had asked my tax guy about this. He said it had to be used ONLY for - work related purposes. No SM

If you have your own clients or work as an IC and use your car for business, there is a place right on the tax forms (Not sure which form. I use TurboTax.) that allows you to enter how many miles for personal use and how many miles for business and you can take a percentage of the cost of your car payments, depreciation, gas, oil, repairs, car insurance, etc. as a business expense as long as you keep records of how many miles you used for business. You can also use the per mile right off method, whichever gives you the biggest right off. I have been doing it for years. You definitely can use your car for business and personal use you just have to keep records of your business use. I hope this helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)