Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

Poor audio quality or poor dictator - all smiles

Posted: Aug 2nd, 2015 - 5:55 pm

We all know there are accounts with just plain poor audio.

We all know there are a few really bad dictators on every account.

Although I am aware that it is NOT about patient safety, despite what is touted by the MTSOs and the hospitals, I am very concerned about patient safety. VERY.

When I get a dictation where the audio is poor (for whatever reason), I do blank as much as I have to, even if that means there are 20 some odd blanks. I send through to EQA because of poor audio.

My reasoning is that if I cannot understand a simple plain English word no matter how I tweak my 10-band audio control, then the problem is not my ears nor my computer but their audio.

My concern: When I peruse old reports to try to hear a diagnosis, etc., I see widely different diagnoses, lab values, vital signs, etc., on the same patient from one day to the next. I am very concerned.

We do not have to take this treatment. If it is bad audio, call it as such and send it through as bad audio.

Eventually the Joint Comission will start looking at data in the charts. I hope that day comes soon because then we will have patient safety.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)