Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 51)

take heed - me2

Posted: Jul 31st, 2015 - 6:42 pm In Reply to: I had a different convo with the DOL - anon

And, if your employer has to pay you minimum wage to make up the difference, you will eventually be terminated for not meeting the minimum production requirements for employment. This happened to me. Very dirty, in my opinion, because they wanted to fire me as the offshore people learned the account and not pay me unemployment, ie, fired for not meeting minimum line production. The truth is that work, indeed, was available, just not for me, and others. I believe we are dropping like flies at this company, to make room for our off shore replacements. Of course, they don't want to have to pay both of us, so, like everyone else, I sat there looking at a blank screen on my required shift, while the company knew damn well I could not make my line count because the work was being off shored to our company's India branch. I received a warning letter on a Monday to up my line count because the company had to pay minimum wage to me for the first time e.v.e.r.! Of course, even staring at the screen 24/7, waiting for a job to do, was never going to get me the line count. Plus, I would have to clock out and stare on my own time (so as not to go over 40 hours)! The writing was on the wall, I was going to be terminated and it was suggested to me by a government entity that I start taking screen shots to document I was available for work, but there was no work. I went even further. I took screen shots of the jobs for the day being downloaded, over 1000 jobs of which 0 came to me. Gotcha! How long did this go on? I do not know, but I was "laid off" a few days later when I called them on their sh*t and I now get full unemployment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)