Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

antidepressants - moonchild

Posted: Jul 29th, 2015 - 5:00 pm In Reply to: Does anyone know...Once you leave this place... - anon

i have MM to thank for me getting on antidepressants. i've always been strong, never relied on drugs for anything, and i'd have bouts of depression but they wouldn't last long and would be "situational" so i'd tough it out. after a year with Medquist 9 years ago, and crying every day because of how hard it was to learn ASR (i was straight out of working at a hospital with regular straight typing, so working from home was all new to me) and the lack of money i was making (went from an MT job that when i left i was making $17/hour down to $9 or $10/hr), it was all too much for me. so antidepressants were finally the last straw, and they helped.

then i quit Medquist, tried working as an IC at different places, no benefits, but my mental health was WAY better, and then the company that i loved and worked for for 2 years was acquired by Medquist. talk about PTSD. omg, i freaked out. at first it wasn't bad. i kept my accounts, still straight typing. after a year or so, hello all new accounts and ASR and back to the horrors of Medquist now called MModal. so i've been toughing this place out, vacillating between depression and feeling like its not so bad, i can handle it, even though i took a 40% wage drop after ASR began. its all just pathetic.

now....in 11 months i will turn 62 and i am going to retire. like many here have said, if you are under 50, go find a new career. be an ultrasound tech or something. the MT business is dying and taking us down with it.

you CAN be happy, but it takes a lot of will power to not let this place and the lack of pay get to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)