Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I started looking for a new job... - kk

Posted: Jul 29th, 2015 - 10:19 am In Reply to: What a shame - MTME

As soon as the new pay grid came out, in November of last year. The market I live in is not great for finding a job, and I have found that the skills I have developed being an MT for the past 10 years are not highly regarded on the "outside." I am a single mom, living paycheck-to-paycheck, so it was impossible for me to just simply walk away as I would like to have done. I had many offers for other MT jobs, however, I found each of those companies just as deplorable as the one I am currently working for. It has taken me 8 months, but I finally received a job offer yesterday doing something completely different from MT, yet still in the healthcare documentation field. It's not quite the pay I was hoping for, but I will know what each paycheck will be, will never be penalized in my pay for making an error, and there will be opportunity for overtime once I am trained. Not to mention the paid holidays, off weekends, and getting to wear jeans to work every day! It's not easy to get out of this business if you live in an area that does not have a strong job market, some of us have to hang in there and be persistent and hopeful. I do hope anyone who is looking to get out will continue pursuing that goal, apply for anything and everything that interests you, and even things that don't, but will pay the bills until you can find your dream job. MT was my dream job when I started a decade ago, but it no longer allows me to take care of my family, and the stress of working in this crazy grid system is not worth the toll it is taking on my health and my budget. Best of luck to everyone out there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)