Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Linda - Princess Margaret

Posted: Jul 29th, 2015 - 9:47 am In Reply to: All I know is they call the positions "Medical Transcriptionists" with no editing mentione - Linda

I have noticed that the job title of medical transcriptionist gets thrown around rather freely these days. Some offices want someone to transcribe daily chart notes and correspondence and also cover as medical record clerks. Some jobs can be VR editing but the job title would still be the same. There are on-site jobs available but many of them are not permanent. A lot of places are converting to EMR and hiring extra staff to help them get over their backlog. I think I would go into any transcription job these days with the mindset that there is going to be change. If you apply for an on site job, you might what to ask how long they expect it to last.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)