Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Calm Down! - I Belong

Posted: Jul 27th, 2015 - 5:24 pm In Reply to: Flexjobs - anon

People, calm down. This is a monthly subscription, not a scam! I know, because I subscribe to it. You are not paying them to find you a job! Here's what they do. You get a lot for your money.

They have weeded out all the work-at-home and flexible work schedule scams. They carefully research every company. They know exactly what to look for, and will not ever knowingly post a work-at-home job that's a scam. Of course, you are also cautioned to do your own homework and how to weed out the scams yourself.

You have a resume that you build, and can save to a PDF file. If a company deems your resume to be compatible with what they are looking for, that company will contact you. ALSO, you can apply to jobs you think you qualify for. You are sent daily job updates their research team believes you would qualify for, but you would also continually look for jobs through their site.

You can take skills tests to see where you stand. If a company sees your skills tests and likes what they see, your chances of getting contacted are increased. You can delete any test after you take it if you don't like your score; and Flexjobs won't post any test lower than a certain percentage. NOBODY can see your score except you and a potential employer. And, of course, Flexjobs.

They have regular webinars where you are educated on all sorts of things from how to build a good resume to how to increase your chances of getting noticed on your resume for a telecommuting or flexible-hours job. They have very legitimate speakers at these webinars from legitimate large companies.

You will receive Newsletters via e-mail with very handy and helpful hints--do's and don't's on a job interview, basic job interview help--how to answer questions you might be asked, how to dress or not dress, etc.

Again, they are NOT looking for a job for you, YOU are looking for a job for you. The most they do in terms of looking for a job for you is just matching your resume wit a company they think you might be interested in.

I have talked to these people personally (well, on the phone and in e-mail), and I have no problem recommending them.

They are quite legit---in fact, a lot of the jobs are for people with college degrees and higher.

You can browse around their site for free and check it out. You do need to pay in order to apply to any jobs you may see, to take skills tests, or to build a resume.

They offer yearly specials (I think I paid $35 for a year's subscription), so you can keep your eye out for that, too. Otherwise, I think it's $15/month.

It so happens that I found an in-house job and didn't need them anymore, but I was contacted by employers through them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)