Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Same situation - Backwoods Typist

Posted: Jul 7th, 2015 - 1:46 pm In Reply to: Question for those who are attempting or who have gotten out of MT... - kl

Unfortunately, that is the mindset of a lot of businesses now. They have no idea of the skill set that is required to do our job nor do they realize that we have to deal with bad audio, horrible ESL, lazy doctors, the list goes on.

I have put in several applications, mostly medical and I have noticed the same thing as you. They think we "just type" which probably means in their eyes we have no other skills other than to sit in a chair and mindlessly type away.

Like the poster below, somebody has to get into a real conversation with you to really get an idea that we KNOW what we are talking about, that our skills run a heck of a lot deeper, and just what kind of an asset we could be to their company. This is unfortunate because back in the day, we were highly coveted for our skills. If we left transcription, we were almost immediately snatched up for other positions. Now, its not so and I think its because our field is dying and has faded to the background. I cant tell you how many people, who ask me what I do for a living, ask what transcription is. Thats how far gone this field is.

I have interviewed and am keeping my eyes open to get the heck out, but I am already back in school for a completely different career in IT. I sincerely hope you are able to find something soon. I hope we all do, because Lord knows we do not deserve the treatment we get now. I cant wait to see what Karma does to these companies. I know its coming, its just a matter of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)