Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 65)

My Feelings - An Essay - (ha ha)

Posted: Jul 5th, 2015 - 3:18 pm In Reply to: Anger Issues - Is it just me? - Eve

I feel angry over all the outsourcing and offshoring that has cost so many people not only their jobs but their livelihoods, in this line of work and many others.
I feel shocked over wages in general; for example, I've seen a position I held in the late nineties being advertised in 2015 for the same salary I made 17 years ago.
I feel fortunate I was able to get into another area of health care after a few months, and disappointed because the job was a horrible fit (I later discovered they have not been able to keep people in that job; I was one of several who left after a short time).
I feel fortunate I've been able to obtain another job in another area of health care, and disappointed that this also seems to be a bad fit, though I can stick with this one for a while.
I feel trapped; home value hasn't appreciated enough yet to make it worth selling and the place I want to live is having tough times of their own, so the best I can do is sit tight for now, hang on in my current job, and keep looking.
And I feel disheartened, since my bout of unemployment cleaned out my savings.
Could things be worse? Sure.
At least I had a savings.
At least I have a job.
At least I didn't have to declare bankruptcy.
Now I am considering saying goodbye to health care and going back into another industry, which is something I never thought I'd do.
I realize I want what I had, and that it is gone for good. 
At least I realized the good thing I had while I had it, which is why I stayed so long and went down with the ship.
The End.

I feel angry over all the outsourcing and offshoring that has cost so many people not only their jobs but their livelihoods, in this line of work and many others.

I feel shocked over wages in general; for example, I've seen a position I held long ago (in another line of work) being advertised in 2015 for the same salary I made in 1998.

I feel fortunate I was able to get into another area of health care after a few months, and disappointed because the job was a horrible fit (I later discovered  I was one of several who left that job after a short time).

I feel fortunate I've been able to obtain another job in a different area of health care and disappointed that this also seems to be a bad fit, though I can stick with it for a while.

I feel trapped; home value hasn't appreciated enough yet to make it worth selling, the place I want to live is having tough times, and the best I can do is sit tight, hang on, and keep looking for a better job.

And finally I feel disheartened, since my bout of unemployment cleaned out my savings.

Could things be worse? Sure.

At least I had a savings.

At least I have a job.

At least I didn't have to declare bankruptcy.

Now I am considering leaving health care and going back into another industry--which is something I never thought I'd do--and the more I think on that, the more it seems like a really bad idea.

I realize I want what I had, and that it is gone for good. 

At least I appreciated the good thing I had while I had it, which is why I stayed so long and went down with the ship.

Good luck to all of us.

The End.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)