Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You have no clue what a transcriptionist does... - starzzz

Posted: Jul 4th, 2015 - 4:25 pm In Reply to: Unfortunately, that IS the usual perception of those in - MT.

if you think those matchbook schools actually turn out qualified transcriptionists. They basically steal the money from prospective a prospective transcriptionist by misleading them into thinking they will be ready to work from home after a few months of 'training.' I'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind about this because obviously you are on the business/management end of the spectrum. I will say this...the reason the work runs out is because owners like you promise the world to your clients, and then have to hire twice as many transcriptionists. You do not care if they have to watch the system for 16 hours a day in order to get 6 hours' worth of pay....they will quit and look for another job and you will just hire the next one. We only have ourselves to blame. We let the big companies take over our profession. By the time they pay all of the top management, there is nothing left for the ones who have the knowledge and skills that impress the clients. Not THAT'S the truth!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)