Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 63)

What I'd love to know about minimum wage, is it per EACH HOUR, or - an average? sm

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2015 - 2:22 pm In Reply to: I just had the strangest thought - anon

I have decades of experience and my AVERAGE earnings are more than minimum wage, but we have an extremely high density of ESLs, some of whom add carelessness and indifference to their underlying language problems, and who require a LOT of time to edit if you care to do it correctly - lots more lookups in other reports, etc.

If I get a string of dictations from these rotten dictators (who should never be allowed to dictate in the first place, or probably practice medicine in the United States at all), my earnings over an hour or two during the day can fall considerably below minimum wage for those hours.

Very few jobs in this country are piecework anymore, so I think we're fairly unique in terms of earnings varying from hour to hour. Most jobs, you're earning $X for each and every hour that you're on the clock so it makes sense to talk about "a minimum wage."

I believe that MW should apply, just as it does in these other jobs, to EACH HOUR THAT YOU'RE WORKING - but I've never seen any clarification of this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)