Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

GT, So glad you got out... (sm) - Eve

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2015 - 1:58 pm In Reply to: I don't quite understand the anger. sm - GT

I know many of us are trapped. Many are single and many have children to raise. Geographic location can be an obstacle. I am MORE than happy to get out of my "comfort zone" and work in house. In fact I love putting in my hours and getting the h__ out of there. I live in a rural area where our Sunday paper contained 7 Help Wanted ads. There has only been one I could do which was a HIM Clerk at the hospital, applied and never even heard from them! I think age was a factor here, and at other jobs I have applied for and I have a lot of experience in other fields.

I'm getting my house ready to sell to pay bills and move to another state where there is more work. So many of us are doing all we can to get out of MT, it's just easier for some than others. Our experiences with this work can be completely different from a woman who has a husband making good money to a woman who is single, has kids and has to support herself. The anger comes from how this work is affecting us and those who are self supporting have far more stress.

I'm glad this has worked out for you. Hope all of us can be there some day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)